Brendan’s Scare Dares: Episode 1 – Thirteen Horror
Most of you who know me, know I’m a big fan of horror and being scared. However, after years of watching horror, ghost tours, paranormal investigations and things of this nature, I’m a little desensitized to it. This is why I have created my new Scare Dare web videos. The idea is I track down the scariest dares, urban legends etc. and give them a try. Future episodes will have a little better production values, this one’s a bit of a test which I’m sharing with you guys.
This time I did the 13 Horror short story, it’s supposedly terrifying, it’s been banned in Italy, and I gave it a shot.
Warning: If you think you will ever want to try it, skip to the end and see what I think. Watching this will definitely take away some of the fear. Alternatively follow along with me, and watch the video in a dark room by yourself and follow the instructions.
Just so you know, I have been in the dark room with the door open since I (we) finished. I have heard quite a few creepy noises, a woman outside screamed, and it is very dark and still very creepy.
But now on to future Scare Dares. Here are some I’m planning, please suggest more in the comments.
- 13 Horror volume 2 has one of these stories for groups, so I’m looking for some volunteers to help me.
- Bloody Mary: Try out the famous legend and say her name 3 times in the mirror.
- Devil’s Crossroad: Visit crossroads at midnight, and potentially meet the devil.
- Super Seance: Have a séance and break all the safety rules (eg. don’t cover mirrors, go somewhere potentially haunted)
- Watch some of the scariest (reportedly) movies at midnight, by myself, in the dark, and film some of my reactions. I’m thinking Human Centipede and Serbian Movie (neither of which I have seen yet)
- Spend some time in the new improved solitary cell at Port Arthur. (Possibly the most haunted place in Tasmania)
Please suggest more!
But now I have to go outside and pick up Sally, in the dark, by myself. Wish me luck!
This post has been extremely popular, thanks for the support. However please don’t ask me to post the story “The Magic”. I won’t be doing it! Also please don’t post links to illegally download the story or I will be forced to remove them. You can buy “The Magic” (and a punch of other horror classics) for Kindle on Amazon for only $2.99, and there is also a book version available. Check out the Thirteen Horror page here to buy your copy. Just follow the links. You can also buy the second book which features “The Dare” which I plan to try soon. Thanks again guys!